Friday, March 15, 2013

untitled by scott

Hi my name is Scott. Grant is my brother. Hannah is my favorite sister-in-law. I’m also an uncle to Ivory. She’s cute and she likes me.

During my week down in Mexico, I was put to work on the construction crew of Grant and Hannah’s future house. I don’t think I’ve ever shoveled more dirt or lifted more buckets of sand and gravel in one week, but it was worth it. Although I was bushed and sore, it gave me warm fuzzys inside to know my 24 hours of very hard labor is worth all of 50 dollars in Mexico. I guess I’ll stay in college. It was a good time, though, and a great break from my regular routine of school.

Other highlights of the week:
  1. Seeing my new niece.
  2. Working in sunny, 80 degree weather.
  3. Humbling Grant in both of our Settlers games.
  4. Riding buses and taxis into Zamora with Grant three different afternoons. It was a great cultural experience.
  5. Bringing Ivory home.
  6. Being man enough to eat authentic (hot) Mexican food.
  7. Learning more about the Spanish language and Mexican culture.
  8. Looking forward to going back to where I can have conversations with people and not just give them blank stares while saying “no hablo espanol mucho.”
  9. Reading Fields of the Fatherless. (a book Grant and Hannah own)
  10. Being able to have meals and conversations with the (English speaking) people that live in Ixtlan.
  11. Getting to know Grant and Hannah and Wendy better.
  12. Buying a Mexican hat for less than three dollars. (There are blessings to cheap labor.)

No comments:

Post a Comment