This morning Ruth had a little baby shower for Veronica and I. A lot of people couldn't make it, but the smaller group made for a closer-knit feel, which I really enjoyed. It was a no-gifts shower, so there was more time for sharing in other ways, which was special. We had breakfast together and then Jan shared some verses about mothers in the Bible and the responsibilities and opportunities we have as mothers. Some of the women also gave advice about motherhood. I took notes. :) Sometime I might write more of it in detail here. It was a really nice morning. In the picture below, Veronica is standing next to me in the green shirt. Her other three kids, Axel, Bethel, and Josue, are in front of her.
And, just for fun - after Jovenes tonight Grant announced that he needed a "few strong men". Here's what he got. :) If you ever need something done... that's a great way to get a response from middle school boys!
Have a blessed Sunday!
"o give thanks unto the Lord; call upon his name: make known his deeds among the people. sing unto him […] talk ye of all his wondrous works. glory ye in his holy name. […] seek the Lord, and his strength. […] remember his marvellous works that he hath done [...] he opened the rock, and the waters gushed out; they ran in the dry places like a river. for he remembered his holy promise, and Abraham his servant. and he brought forth his people with joy, and his chosen with gladness." Psalm 105
What a lovely shower! I remember Veronica, but never got to know her because they had just started coming to church when I was there. Mario and Elsa are swell - I hope you get to spend more time with them! Blessings!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe the baby is almost here! Praying that you get lots of sleep the rest of this month...you are going to need it! Love you both. Katelyn
ReplyDelete