Wednesday, March 27, 2013

routine dr. appt.


3 kilograms, 250 grams. She is, indeed, gaining weight! (She weighed 3 kilograms at birth)

Ivory doesn't have regular check-ups here; typically people only go to the doctor when they're sick and preventative care is very uncommon. We did make a visit to the pediatrician in Zamora last week and will do so again, but not quite as frequently as a newborn in the States. Nevertheless, I wanted to make sure she's gaining weight, and we were (sort of) joking with my family on Skype the other night that we should just put her on the scale at the market. The opportunity arose to do so at a friend's store last night, and this is the result. :) She slept through the whole experience, but we thought she looked pretty cute among the produce, cleaning supplies, and dry goods. She's definitely not for sale!

So anyway, Dad, this is for you. Enjoy the opportunity to elicit reactions from your favorite nurses. Hopefully they don't read the blog first. :)

4 comments:

  1. Perfect! Very interesting that she is neatly positioned there by the chocolate chips!

    Love,

    Dad W/Grandpa W

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, yeah, except they're not actually chocolate chips... I think its like chocolate milk mix stuff or something. :) but that would make it better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For anyone that's wondering... 3.25 kilograms is equal to about 7 pounds, 3 ounces :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Leah. I am quite old-fashioned so I needed someone to help
    me with her weight by pounds and ounces. Auntie

    ReplyDelete