Monday, October 14, 2013

welcoming fall

It is a beautiful fall day, and I don't have much to write about - but that itself is exciting enough! Ivory and I went out to hang out wash this morning, and enjoyed some time swinging as well. We hung a swing for her in the tree in our front yard, and she seems to really enjoy it.

Our weekend was a blessing - we had Communion last night and it was a special time of bonding for the church. It was a little bit difficult because I found myself struggling with feelings of "this isn't my church" - sometimes the feelings of homelessness come back in frustrating ways and it really surprised me because I thought I was more settled than that. But I could feel the love of my brothers and sisters in Christ here. I had a sweet conversation with a sister-in-Christ and a young mother - and it is those things that I need to think on.

Marshall & Jan and Mike & Deb both left this morning. Marshall & Jan will be in the U.S. for two weeks, so it will be a little bit different around here.

I don't really use a calendar here because most of our events and plans are either routine/weekly or spur-the-moment, so I often lose track of days. Thus, this morning, I found myself shocked to realize that the milk I was buying had an expiration date of October 20 - seriously, how are we already into mid-October?! I wish I could tell you that I don't use the milk to remind me of the date very often... but I do.

To make this post at least halfway interesting, here are a few recent snapshots:

The rains typically end by the time September is over, but we got a surprise a couple days ago - it just poured! Here is our front yard. I'm not sure if you can tell what a river the street became in this picture, so I'm also including the one below. 

Look who is getting so big!
... And getting into everything!
And this is the lovely lizard that I had the privilege of having  a battle with the other day. I wish I could say I chased it out the door, but... I actually accidentally chased it into our bedroom and lost it. So far no sign of him, but not the most wonderful feeling in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment