On Friday night, some girls and I hosted a baby shower for Nancy. Her husband helped build our house, and so I've gotten to know her through that and also through her family members who are part of the church. I really enjoyed the opportunity to interact with the community and to be a part of her baby shower (which, by the way, in Spanish, is also "baby shower"). :)
 |
| Playing games |
 |
| Opening gifts! |
Aside from that, we've just been settling into routine and trying to remember what life was like without Adrienne. I've definitely had to re-build some stamina, if that makes sense. Not that Ivory is that bad - although the past few days have been rough. I just had more relief while Adrienne was here. Grant is busy preparing for the Fellowship Weekend coming up in a week and a half - doing repairs and last-minute projects like installing a second toilet in our house, etc. We all know what its like to have the arrival of guests as your deadline for finishing up home improvement projects. I've been doing a little sewing to accommodate my growing belly, and Ivory's been learning to stand up on her own, when she's not cutting teeth or begging to "go" - somewhere, anywhere. All of that, along with the regular weekly schedule, is actually keeping us very busy!
We are also starting to make plans for this summer, which are going very well. Praise God! We found a house to rent, and we bought a vehicle. We will try to blog about it sometime soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment