In my description of our busy week, I forgot to mention one of the major highlights - which was the fact that I got my sewing machine repaired. The needle has been offset and the needle plate dented for quite some time, but it just takes so much effort to look up where I can go to repair it and actually get it in there. But I finally did, because after a recent project didn't turn out quite as nice as I hoped, I decided maybe it would be worth having a functional machine. Amazingly, I found after looking at the Singer website that there is an authorized repair shop in Zamora! So I took my machine there and set it down with the others - most of which were much, much older models (although sometimes I think those work better). After the lady ooh-ed and ahh-ed over it, she competently wrote down the list of problems for her husband, the repairman, to take a look at (and there was a list).
Three days later, it was ready, and it works like a charm. I think it maybe even works better than when it was brand new. The man was so kind, and very professional... and the whole repair only cost 165 pesos (around $13). That is the way to get it done. We have decided that if we ever move back to the U.S., we will have to make annual trips to Mexico to get my sewing machine maintenanced and our dental work done.
"o give thanks unto the Lord; call upon his name: make known his deeds among the people. sing unto him […] talk ye of all his wondrous works. glory ye in his holy name. […] seek the Lord, and his strength. […] remember his marvellous works that he hath done [...] he opened the rock, and the waters gushed out; they ran in the dry places like a river. for he remembered his holy promise, and Abraham his servant. and he brought forth his people with joy, and his chosen with gladness." Psalm 105
No comments:
Post a Comment