This week has been really good, glory to God. I think there's a song that goes "I found the answer - I learned to pray". It's been running through my head lately, and I've been pondering on the power in prayer. To my shame, I do not always have good prayer time and I do not always prioritize it. In the past week, though, I can recall at least two specific things I've prayed for that have been granted. Our God is so good and He truly does desire to give us good things. Other than Ivory getting some shots today and Grant kind of coming down with a cold, the past few days have been manageable and enjoyable.
I've been going over to the school on Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons from 1:30 to 2 p.m. to play the piano for the kids' music class. Their teacher is a wonderful older woman, a retired teacher (but not a retired music teacher) who volunteers her time and extremely valuable advice and wisdom about how to run a Mexican Primaria to the school. However, to put it in Marshall's words - "She's not the most accomplished singer". The problem that resulted is that the kids kind of chanted the words at their programs, rather than singing them, and that wasn't exactly how it was supposed to go. So Matt felt like maybe if someone played the piano it would go better. I'm not sure if it's making a difference, but I really enjoy the opportunity to get out of the house (Grant stays with Ivory), see the kids (yes, they are much cuter and funner when I'm not really responsible for them), and be a part of the school in a small way.
Grant has been working on our kitchen table (yes, already) because we were actually borrowing a table from the school to use as a kitchen table (Grant was supposed to be fixing it, which he did), and they needed their table back. He's enjoying being back in the wood shop and we're looking forward to having a table that fits our space better.
I'm still trying to decide what colors to paint the walls, so I haven't started painting yet.
Late afternoon today, we went to visit Rosa (Roberto's grandma). Grant took a guitar and we sang some songs with Rosa and Erik (Roberto's little brother). We really enjoyed our time with them. Then this evening Mario and Elsa, a couple from church, came over and that was great. It's amazing how having our own place makes us want to host so much more. I think it will be very good for building relationships.
And now Grant is exhausted (because social interactions wear him out) and I am ready to be up for another three hours (because social interactions energize me). So, I guess that's all for tonight. Have a great weekend!
(Sorry this post has so many parentheses)
"o give thanks unto the Lord; call upon his name: make known his deeds among the people. sing unto him […] talk ye of all his wondrous works. glory ye in his holy name. […] seek the Lord, and his strength. […] remember his marvellous works that he hath done [...] he opened the rock, and the waters gushed out; they ran in the dry places like a river. for he remembered his holy promise, and Abraham his servant. and he brought forth his people with joy, and his chosen with gladness." Psalm 105
No comments:
Post a Comment