Grant and I were discussing this afternoon what a blessing it is that I like Mexican food. I realize this is a somewhat odd topic of conversation, but you have to understand that for the first nine months that we lived in Mexico, I was pregnant. And I could not stand Mexican food while I was pregnant. It was something that changed almost immediately after giving birth, but was most definitely a daily problem in the months leading up to that.
I realized as we had this conversation that I like living in Mexico. I really do. I think that at first I associated Mexico with morning sickness and nausea. Seriously. But lately as we've been eating street food just a little more often in these days when we're spending all of our time working on the house, I'm realizing I do enjoy the culture, the food, the people, etc. It really is a blessing to be here.
This morning in his sermon Matt mentioned the verse in Matthew 6: "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Sitting in our new house looking around this afternoon, I realized how many of "these things" have been added unto us. I love our little house! I'll have to post some more pictures of it when we move in later this week. It is not perfect, not finished, and not clean (although I'm working on that) - but it is for us to live in and it has our stuff in it! It feels so much more like home. We've been overwhelmingly blessed as we've sought His kingdom... and I'm sure all of you would say the same thing. The Christian life is a truly beautiful one. And daily, I'm learning to count my blessings, to find joy in the everyday, and to be so thankful for all these things, the big and small...
 |
| My very handy husband, hanging my beloved barnwood shelf |
 |
| Ivory's nursery, which I will hopefully have a better and more complete picture of tomorrow |
 |
| A clean and well-stocked desk (this took a long time) |
 |
| And a sweet little girl who's learning lots and keeping me on my toes! |
No comments:
Post a Comment