Our little sitting area. The couches were Regg and Bev's and they passed them on to us, so we are enjoying them. The wall decoration is made out of fabric in embroidery hoops that used to belong to Grandma Kieser (inspiration from Pinterest of course)
On the other side of our living area is a little office area. Yet another Pinterest inspiration serves as a decoration/shelf here; Grant humored me and screwed a pallet (that I got free from this one place in Zamora) to the wall. :)
Closer up view - some of my jars and cans came from home and I used pages from an old calendar to line the back.
I moved my sewing stuff from one of the other bedrooms into this little corner of our living room so that I don't have to clean it up every time we have company. This actually works great; my machine just sits there and then I pull it out when I want to use it.
In our bedroom, I put a quilt from home on the bed which makes it feel so much like ours! I also clipped a piece of brown burlap (from our living room curtains at our Speer house) to the metal beam, just to add a little... something. :)
So there you have it - our living quarters with a little touch of us. We're thankful to have some space to call our home!
Love the pallet!
ReplyDeleteIt certainly has a bit more of your touch to it and looks great! The pallet if very cool!
ReplyDelete