Tuesday, August 14, 2012

good-byes, the van, and other things

Here are a few pictures to summarize our last few weeks. They've been busy but good! Forthcoming are posts of our living quarters (as I've made a few changes since our stuff came) and my classroom. School starts on Monday! I am not ready!

All the women had a farewell breakfast for Bev about a week ago. (Addition as of 8/19 - people had asked about names - from left to right back row is Ruth (and baby Abi), Bertha, Elsa, Bev, Jan, Socorro, Lupita (Socorro's daughter), Estela, and Regg (with baby Tucker). Front row left to right is me (Caleb, Matt and Ruth's son, is sitting in front of me), Issa (Elsa's sister), Maggie (Bertha's daughter), Lupita, and Gloria (sister to Maggie and daughter of Bertha).) A couple other girls and I hosted it... it was fun! They seemed to like it even though it was definitely an American breakfast (egg casseroles and cinnamon rolls). It was really neat to share breakfast and spend some time in the Word together. I felt like I was able to get to know some of the women a little better, which was really nice. 

Gloria, me, and Issa - they helped me host

Gloria and I

Another day this past week, Caleb helped Grant and Stuart wash the white van. :)

We love him a lot!

And then on Saturday the van came with all of our stuff! Praise the Lord that they arrived safely. So many wonderful and useful things were in this van - things for our house and for my classroom. Both of our families sent stuff, and my Mom sent me some of her teaching stuff which was really exciting. I am getting more and more excited to have my own classroom!

Grant was excited about his toolbox! :)

Here's the clan that spent the weekend with us - Regg and Bev in the back row, us of course, and then in the front from left to right is Jeff Beer, John Frauhiger, and Stuart. We definitely enjoyed our time with them and are super grateful to Jeff and John for driving the van down.

And, the last few days have been very busy with unpacking our boxes that came, setting up my classroom, etc. Thanks for your continued prayers! We enjoy hearing from you all as well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment