Sunday, March 30, 2014

micah's summary of the week

Saturday: Arrived in Guadalajara around 6:15 am.  Traveled back to Ixtlan and enjoyed a nice hot breakfast with Grant, Hannah, and Ivory.  In the afternoon we painted a few picture frames for Hannah.  She used them to fill one of the living room walls with family pictures.  In the evening we had Jovenes, a gathering for the Young Group and Sunday school children.  We played volleyball with the kids and ended the evening with a lesson on Ebenezers.  For supper we enjoyed Mexican tacos and quesadillas from a stand just up the street from Grant and Hannah’s place.  They were delicious.


Sunday: Enjoyed the day with the Ixtlan church family.  In the evening we gathered again at the church for a hymn sing.  It was a blessing to fellowship with the believers here in Ixtlan and to see and feel the Spirit working in their lives.



Monday: On Monday we went into Zamora to visit the market.  This was great to see so many vendors selling anything and everything.  We then spent the afternoon in a gorgeous state park: ate a picnic lunch, Ivory went swimming, and we rented a row boat to enjoy the lake.  It was a very relaxing afternoon.









Tuesday: Grant and I spent some time up at the wood shop varnishing a couple doors for the house.  Laura and Hannah took a nice walk around Ixtlan.

Wednesday: Laura spent the morning doing science demos with the 5th grade class at the school.  Grant and I returned to the wood shop for another layer of varnish.  For lunch we went out to eat at a local restaurant, it was very good.  Grant and I went to Martha’s for a Bible Study; I enjoyed the experience.  He kept me informed throughout the conversation of what was being discussed so that I could contribute.  In the evening we began working in their office.  We covered all the walls with a concrete sealer and then started the painting process.

Thursday: The painting in the office resumed until they ran out of paint.  Grant and I finished the doors up at the wood shop, brought them back to the house and began installing them.  Ticket to Ride was also a hit in the evenings throughout the week; many good memories were shared and made.



Friday: We got up early to catch our 8:00 am flight home.

4 comments:

  1. It's funny... I was just wondering yesterday if you figured out a place to hang the hammock/ if it was working... looks like it is! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, at Lake Camecuaro it was kind of temporary, but we did hang it at home now too! That was one of Micah's jobs, which I don't think he mentioned. We are thoroughly enjoying it - it's getting good use. :)

      Delete
  2. Looks like a great week for all! Love the snuggly pic of Laura and Ivory!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks much for the summary of your week with Grant, Hannah and Ivory--I enjoyed all the pictures and always great to see Ivory enjoying her company--so sweet!!
    Love - Auntie

    ReplyDelete