Monday, March 10, 2014

us in the zoo

You know the book, "Put Me In the Zoo"? Ivory needed pajamas, so I ordered some cute white and pink polka dot ones from Old Navy and Blake & Kris brought them down... and they remind me so much of that book. And so I guess I've had zoos on my mind, either because of that, or because Ivory absolutely loves animals and it just seems like a place she would enjoy. But actually, I think we all enjoyed our trip to the Guadalajara Zoo. We were all very wiped out by the end of the day, but it was fun. I realized that, as a mom, my new favorite vacation places are going to very quickly become those that are highly stroller accessible, shaded, and fun for all ages. We took quite a few pictures... most of them are self-explanatory.


Doesn't he fit right in? :)
Ivory didn't get to see all of the animals super up close and personal, because I think a lot of the time she wasn't quite sure where to look. But she enjoyed the ducks!

And the monkeys. We watched them for a long time. 
This is the polar bear exhibit - I'm not sure if Ivory ever saw the polar bear, but she sure liked the water!
They had this really fun part where you could actually walk through the monkey cage - but we had the cover everything up and take Ivory's paci out of her mouth and everything, because they get into it all! Further down there's a picture of the one that crawled on Grant. 
These two are loving the zoo!
Family picture!
A little daddy-daughter conference 



We also went on the safari, which was cool. They had the habitat/terrain re-created like Africa, and you drove through it in this safari type vehicle. The tour guide was great. 


And you got to feed the giraffe if you wanted to. 



I knew Ivory would really enjoy the aquarium - so we did spend some time there towards the end. 


Our trusty map-readers throughout the day. 
More pictures of the monkey cage - like I said, they would look everywhere there might be food!
Grant isn't a huge fan of this picture, or the monkey. 
Another picture of the safari, feeding the giraffe. 
And, just hanging out with a huge iguana.
So we learned a lot, had a lot of fun, and would go back again! Perhaps one of the most memorable parts was watching the hippo (don't know how to spell the whole word) "walking" (if you can call it that) through this gate thing in his pen. We only saw him from behind, and do not have a picture, which I'm sure you are all incredibly sad about.

I feel like the grammar in this post just keeps getting worse. So it's probably time to close. The end.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed the post- and all the pictures! It looks like a great zoo! So glad you all had such a good time together. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete