What a gorgeous day! Seriously, I never would have dreamed I'd be so delighted to wake up to a thunderstorm and pouring rain in the middle of the night, walk through mud on my way down the street this morning, and wear a sweater and socks in June. The rain has finally come to wash away the dust and heat, and it has been glorious - so refreshing.
Ivory is sleeping through the night now, which greatly improves our daytimes as well. :) She's becoming more responsive and aware of her surroundings; lately, if she's been fussing around, I've been able to get her to calm down by distracting her with a toy or talking to her - which is definitely a new thing. Leah and I took some three month pictures of her - here she is showing a little smile. :) Thanks to her aunts and uncle (Leah, Seth, and Addie) for the cute outfit and to my A. Sarah for the darling bow!




Grant had Brother's Prayer Meeting last night (this is a new thing that they are doing on Monday nights - you can pray that it will continue to unify and strengthen the brothers here), so Leah, Ivory and I headed into Zamora for groceries. We were out of pretty much everything so it was a much-needed trip. We seem to be making a lot of trips into Zamora these days - Grant and I went on Friday night to look for tile for the new house. All of the floors down here are made out of tile, so we did a lot of searching to find something neutral and nice without spending a fortune. Before, the decisions we made would be hidden, because they were more structural - now the decisions we make will show, and there are lots of them!
We bought plane tickets to come home on July 27, which is very exciting! I'm very thankful that we have the opportunity to take trips home twice a year, because you start to get burnt out. And we are reaching that point.
And, now we're off to play a game of Settler's - it's so good to have Leah here. :)
I'm really glad you get to go home in July. I understand how you feel, and it is so refreshing to step away from the mission field and gain new perspective. Glad to hear Ivory is well, and she is cute as ever in the pictures. God bless you!
ReplyDeleteHeather