Sunday, March 29, 2015

addie's view

This is Addie's blog post:

When I think about this past week that we have had with Grant and Hannah, my mind is spinning with all of the fun things that we did with them! Some of my favorite things that we have done this week are:

1) spending time with Grant and Hannah and Ivory and Titus- we did many fun things with them and the things listed below pretty much sum it up!

2) getting tacos and quesadillas almost every day :)- tacos are one of my favorite food in the states, but they are a million times better in Mexico!!!!

 3) playing games in the evenings- we played Settlers of Catan and Qwirkle almost every night after the kids went to bed :)

4) sewing with Hannah- Hannah helped me make some really cute fabric bins!! I really like how they turned out. :) Thanks Hannah, for helping me!!!!!!

5) going to the Guadalajara zoo (or as Ivory calls it- the zoup!)- out of all the animals that we saw, the monkeys and the peacock were probably my favorite!!!! The monkeys were running around everywhere- including the stroller. :) Some of the people who worked at the zoo would run around with spray bottles and spray them if they were into peoples stuff! One of the monkeys had stolen somebody’s sucker and had taken it up to the clear top of the post to eat it! They were really fun to watch! I don’t think that I have ever seen a peacock before, but it was really pretty!!! It’s feathers were all spread out and it  was amazing to me how big its feathers were!!!!



zoos must take up a lot of energy!!!


you can't really tell but behind us are these really colorful birds- I have no idea what they're called

the backside of the peacock...

 ...the front

6) going on walks/runs- we usually went on a walk almost everyday! Sometimes me and Hannah would run ahead and mom would push Ivory and Titus in the jogger :)

7) taking bike rides- we went on a bike ride one evening and where we went, we were able to look down and see all of the strawberry fields and almost the whole town of Ixtlan!!!!

8) going to the Market down the street- this is something that I will never be able to experience in the U.S! The biggest difference for me was the meat. When we were there the other day, there was a guy walking down the aisle with cut up hog hanging over his shoulder. Raw meat, bones and all, with bugs flying all over it. DISGUSTING!!! (but no worries cause we didn’t buy it :) :) :))

9) playing with Ivory and Titus- they both really like to swing so we usually did that at least once during the day :) One day we even got out the kiddie pool for them to “swim” and play in :) It has been like 80+ degrees all week :) We are not looking forward to our weather :)

10) eating out at restaurants- after Grant and Hannah picked us up on Saturday, they took us to this really good burrito place!! I had tacos that were very good :) Then on Thursday we went to a restaurant in Ixtlan! I got breaded shrimp and I really liked them!!

Although these are just 10 of the things that we did, there are many, many, many more.

One last thing I wanted to add:
When I looked out the window of my bedroom this week, I was amazed at how different it is from looking out my window at home. At home, I see our driveway, the front lawn, maybe a vehicle, and its really quiet , but in Mexico I see different shops and buildings, people walking down the street, kids playing in the middle of the street, and it is really noisy. I can even look down at the house beside the guest house (that has an unfinished roof) and see what the people in that house are doing. It is a little bit weird :)

in Mexico
at home

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Addie. I enjoyed your blog very much and the pictures. Looks like you had a good time at the "zoup"! Glad you did not buy any of that meat!! I am trying to figure out what the people do who live in the house with the unfinished roof when it rains?? It was very nice that you could spend a week down there. Love to all - Auntie

    ReplyDelete