Words usually come easily to me...
haha... not. It's Grant writing this time and blogger's white screen of death is striking terror in my heart as I sit here and stare at a blank blog post that needs words added to it. Hmmm, a topic would be a great place to start...
"miscellaneous". Let's call this blog post miscellaneous. It saves me from having to organize and categorize my thoughts. Also, in an effort to think up information worth writing about, perhaps I will start with some frequently asked questions.
Question #1: So what actually do you do in Ixtlan?
One of my main roles is hauling luggage through airports. But, since we are done flying for a while, that's not taking up as much of my energy as it was a few weeks ago.
Since that exhausting experience and the recuperation afterwards, I actually did get something accomplished. Both happened last Friday. First of all, I accomplished staying alive for 25 years. Second of all, I officially started a business in Mexico. Now if you keep track of me well enough, you are probably asking the same question as my family... "another one?" Actually not. The truth of the matter is that it took two years to get all of the paperwork together to officially start the woodshop. But now, I am an official business owner in Mexico... praise God.
Question #2: What does a normal day for you look like?
After cheerfully getting out of bed at 5 a.m., heading out for my morning jog, coming back for a nice shower and good quality, uninterrupted time in the Word, I then really wake up and realize that I was dreaming. Then I head up to the woodshop and am usually there from 7:00 to 2:30.
Our schedule with Roberto has changed a little since last year and Hannah is no longer working with him to do his homework after school. There are two different reasons for the change in routine. One is named Ivory and the other Titus. This lack of tutoring helps our afternoons to be much more manageable, but also opens up a lot of opportunities to pray that he actually will get his homework done on his own.
There are church activities most afternoons. Once a week, I go to people's houses for Bible studies. Afternoons without church activities, I will either stay around home or take Ivory into Zamora with me and run some errands.
Question #3: Do you teach Sunday School?
Okay, so this isn't a frequently asked question, but I am going to be helping with Sunday school this year. I am very excited about it and will be with the junior-high aged children.
Question #4: Is there anything you haven't been asked that you thought you would be asked tonight?
Nope, not really. So I guess that means this blogpost is done. Have a great night!
"o give thanks unto the Lord; call upon his name: make known his deeds among the people. sing unto him […] talk ye of all his wondrous works. glory ye in his holy name. […] seek the Lord, and his strength. […] remember his marvellous works that he hath done [...] he opened the rock, and the waters gushed out; they ran in the dry places like a river. for he remembered his holy promise, and Abraham his servant. and he brought forth his people with joy, and his chosen with gladness." Psalm 105
This really made me miss you and your humor. Congrats on being an official business owner!
ReplyDeleteCongrats or your continued survival! On a completely unrelated note, I hope you have a great birthday!
ReplyDelete-Phil D.