We joined in the festivities this morning by heading down to the plaza to watch the parade. Basically, there is a brief opening ceremony and then the parade, in which all the politicians, government employees, healthcare workers, and schoolchildren in Ixtlan (public, private, etc.) march down the street. It was actually really fun to watch and an absolutely gorgeous fall day. We felt like we were a part of a celebration, which is always exciting.
Ok, so Ivory was not in the parade, but this was the only picture I got of her in her little Mexican outfit (it has a name but I can't remember it). She's half asleep sitting on that bear.
I also took a video of some of the schools marching (mostly elementary schools). Unfortunately, my camera did not save the video of our school marching, so these are all kids from other public schools in the area. :( Our school did pretty much the same thing, except they do not have a band.
No comments:
Post a Comment