Wednesday, January 15, 2014

titus 2 ministries

My cousin Meg recently mentioned to me that a new editor was being sought for Titus 2 Ministries, and told me I should think about it. If Titus 2 Ministries doesn't ring a bell, Homemaker Helps might - that was the previous title. It is still a publication among AC women which is distributed four times a year. Anyway, at the time she brought it up to me, we were so busy, and I thought there was no way. However, after returning from our summer trip home, our schedule became much more free, due to a variety of factors. And I started thinking about it again. I e-mailed Christine, the previous editor, and she was still looking for someone. After some lengthy e-mails exchanged with her, I agreed to do it! So that is my latest project. I'm currently working on the winter issue, which will come out in February. I'm also working with some English-speaking Mexican sisters to help me translate and provide it in Spanish for women here, which I'm excited about. There is a definite lack of good, written information for Christian women in Spanish, and I hope that the newsletter will encourage them in their walk with Christ, but also help them to feel more connected with the U.S. church.

I'm bringing it up here on the blog to let you know what I'm working on, but also to encourage you to subscribe - NOT because I am the editor, but because the more subscribers, the more sharing and fellowship opportunities there are. I'm especially writing to all my friends who are just-marrieds and young moms. There are very few younger women on the subscription list, and while I know none of us has tons of time to read, 16 pages every 3 months is pretty do-able. :) The women who are writing have a lot of wisdom to share with us, and it is always neat to read stories of how God is working in peoples' lives and directing them.

If you're interested, you can find out more about it, see a sample issue, and subscribe at www.titustwo.weebly.com. And, for the older moms and grandmas and great-grandmas out there - I would love to publish articles that you write! Our e-mail address is on the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment