Saturday, August 31, 2013

we were here

I feel like we leave a trail wherever we go these days... some would say I've always been that way. :) But the first key word here is "We". It's definitely true for all of us right now, whether it's me, or Grant, or Ivory. There's just a lot of stuff. Everywhere. That's everybody's. The other key word is "were". I feel like I'm forever hopping back and forth between the new house and Betesda, and never in the same place for very long. Anyway, here's a glimpse into our lives since we've been back.

This is what the kitchen looks like. Yep, all that came down in the van.  
And all of this too! And our bedroom furniture (not pictured). This is what the living room looks like. We love having our own furniture in it. You can hardly even tell its concrete floors and walls! So anyway, I've been here, sorting and organizing. 
Grant was here, leaving a trail behind him, literally.  He's been working hard to build a path out our back door. The church is on the left; this path will be our church complex access. 
Meanwhile, Ivory is here... but it is usually past tense as well because although she loves the Exersaucer, it never lasts nearly as long as Mommy needs to get anything done. 
Ivory was here today... can you tell? What was your first clue? The sugar dumped all over the place? Or the cow taking a nap on the coffee maker? It's amazing - she's acquired a radius. Now wherever we put her, we have to clear off everything around her as well. Grant accidentally forgot today, which resulted in Mommy's fish and mashed potatoes swimming in water. 
Who, me? (Notice the upside-down cup that the sugar was in). And by the way, the stove wasn't on - don't worry. Otherwise I wouldn't have put her there. :)
Watching the rain. 
And so that's how we spend our days!
Check below for all my catch-up posts from our trip home.

No comments:

Post a Comment