I sit here surrounded by just-under-50-pound bags and bulging carry-ons, with the Baggage Regulations chart from United glaring me in the face (hey, they say a backpack is a personal item. they never give guidelines on how full that personal item can be. so...). Behind me are boxes of all shapes and sizes, labeled with a Sharpie and packed to be that way indefinitely. Outside our front door is the Country Tradesmen trailer, ready to be filled with everything from the church pew in the craft room to the Kitchen Aid box that is currently sitting under the table.
Interweaving everything is the strong possibility that something is going to be forgotten sometime in the next couple days.
Moving is really hard work. Spending a lot of time packing, though, has prepared me/us for leaving in more ways than one. We are very ready to be done with the mess and be settled again. And I am becoming more and more aware of how unimportant 'stuff' is. I've thrown more 'good' things out in the past week than I ever thought I would. It's just a good reminder that ultimately, none of it matters anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment