As is usually the case with us, this is a really bad picture but here it is. Love you guys!
That evening, we headed over to Gridley. Kyle and Melissa asked us if they could start a prayer group for us, which we are really thankful for. It consists of a few of our close college friends, and we'll be sending them prayer requests, which they are committed to praying for. We feel really blessed by their offer. It is very humbling to feel the prayers of others and we appreciate every one of you who is praying.
On Tuesday night, we had Troy and Laura and their boys over for supper. Laura was my cooperating teacher during Student Teaching. It was fun to see her again and meet her family.
I spent Wednesday in Champaign (we went to the I.D.E.A. Store, which is really cool!) and Wednesday night after church we got ice cream at Polar Bear with Neil and Luann. Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture because I forgot my camera.
Thursday night we met Joe and Sarah at Monical's. It was delicious pizza, and we talked for about three hours. We loved getting to know them better and we will miss them!
Tonight, Robert and Mary and their boys came over for pizza. Robert and Mary lived in our house before we did, so we've been wanting to have them over for a long time.
And now, we are heading home from Minnesota, where we were this weekend to celebrate Claire's graduation party and to say good-bye to Doruk. That's where the 900 miles comes in. We also had lots of cousin good-byes, which were very bittersweet. We're so thankful that we have a family back home who is praying for us, and that we can rest in God's provision. I had the delightful opportunity during this trip home to give my family their first Spanish lesson. They are very quick learners, and will definitely be fluent in no time. "Mucho gusto!" ;)
Psalm 23
"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever."
Grant & Hannah~
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you're making your farewell rounds (definitely bittersweet). I'll be praying for you as you leave the known and loved and follow God into a new sphere of blessings. I know that He'll be with you in Mexico just as He's with you in Illinois! When do you actually leave?
Love and prayers,
Heather
So last night we were playing Settlers and somehow the subject of your spanish lesson got brought up and Dad says, "well the only thing I remember is smucho gusto." and gives mom a big kiss... still trying to decide if he was serious or if he just wanted to give mom a kiss :) Love Leah
ReplyDelete