Wednesday, December 17, 2014

silent night

Joaquin is the local goatherd. Every morning, he takes his herd of goats out to the countryside, and every evening, he brings them back in. His route takes him right by our house twice a day. Tonight when he brought them in, it was dusk, and the street was relatively quiet except for the sound of the animals. With the house across the street as a backdrop, I felt like I could easily have been in some other time. It made me think of Bethlehem.

I don't get quiet moments like that very often, but the joy of children is what fills up our life right now and I wouldn't trade that for anything. We praise God for all He has done for us in this year, and look forward to seeing what lies ahead in the next.



We are coming home for Christmas tomorrow, and are very excited! Our flight leaves Morelia at 12:30 p.m. You can pray that we'll have safe travels, happy kids, and an on-time arrival in Chicago!

1 comment:

  1. Aw- you got some cute pictures! :) And their outfits are adorable.

    ReplyDelete