Friday, July 12, 2013

life

Real life does go on around here even when there's visitors - but quite frankly I'm just not sure what defines "real life" right now! Everything is a little out of the ordinary since the kids and students are all on summer vacation, and we (the Americans) around here are taking turns going home for the summer as well. Grant's working on finishing up the house to get it to the point where its live-able - it will by no means be "done" by September, but it will be functional. But that's not real life either because our primary role here is not to build ourselves a house... so just this season of life is a little bit different. Either way, life does go on... and here are a few of the recent goings-on.

We had people over after volleyball the other night - we really enjoyed our time with them. They were at our house until midnight, but its so nice to be getting to know people!
Ivory and Silvia

We had some coconuts that someone had given us. According to Lalo, this is the only way you can cut them open. We decided to go ahead and let him do it. :)

These guys were so excited about the cans of pop we served. Forgot how fun that was at that age. :)

Still pretty wound up - and this was before the sugar!

We had an impromptu birthday celebration for Stefani and Melody (Ruth's sister, here visiting) the other night at Jovenes, because it was both of their birthdays that day!

I say impromptu because it was - I decided at 6 p.m. that we should have a frosted birthday cake at 7 p.m. - not actually possible, really, but we tried. :) I had done something similar during the Fellowship Weekend - I was serving snack after singing on Sunday night, which started at 6 p.m. At 6:30 I realized we didn't have anything sweet, so I decided to throw a couple pans of bars in the oven at 6:40. I was praising God for the long prayer at the end, because that was what saved me - I told myself I probably shouldn't try something like that again but I guess I forgot. Grant and Leah were quite patient with me - they actually did help, while rolling their eyes. :)

Me and Stefani - this girl is pretty incredible. You can keep her in your prayers - she has a lot of responsibility caring for younger siblings due to an absent father and a working mother. She always has a smile in spite of the difficult life she leads, and brings her little brother and sister to church nearly every Sunday morning. 

Leah and Issa

Hello, everybody! Look how big I'm getting! (And I still hardly have any hair - everybody thinks I'm a boy.)

Enjoying birthday cake (don't worry, they didn't put salsa on the cake. That was for the popcorn)

This evening we went to visit Rosa (this is Roberto's grandma) and Roberto and his little brother Eric. We enjoyed our visit. Please pray for Roberto this summer - since he's not in school he's out on the street a lot again, and we can only do so much about it. 

Thanks for your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment