There's not much to report. We're still kind of struggling through what we should do - not totally convinced its the milk, and yet the soy formula eliminated the bloody stool, and me cutting out dairy and breastfeeding did NOT eliminate the bloody stool, and so it seems like we should just stick to the soy formula. It's really hard for me to just accept that, though... because I've read a lot of conflicting information and talked to a lot of people who say different things. My doctor says that I worry because I read too much, which is probably true...
Anyway, aside from being a little uncomfortable at times, Ivory is doing well. We are doing well, too, although the stress of the situation is taking its toll and I do a lot of wondering "what ifs" and second guessing and wishing and hoping. Although my A. Sarah sent me this e-mail this morning which really encouraged me... "I just had Bible study this morning and we are doing a study called "Loving God with All Your Mind". Today's lessons focused on not fearing what the future may hold (not worrying and thinking "what if"), not dwelling on regrets of the past and thinking "if only", but thinking on what is real and true in the present. Facing reality, accepting it, and using my time and energy to make that reality better! I appreciated this quote: "We accept and thank God for what is given, not allowing the not-given to spoil it"."
It struck me that I really need to stop worrying and start thanking God - because He did pull Ivory (and us) through a week and a half in the hospital, and He is working even if I don't understand what He's doing.
I think of the song "Blessings" by Laura Story and know that its true in every one of our lives at times...
"We pray for blessings, we pray for peace
Comfort for family, protection while we sleep
We pray for healing, for prosperity
We pray for Your mighty hand to ease our suffering
And all the while, You hear each spoken need
Yet love us way too much to give us lesser things
We pray for wisdom, Your voice to hear
We cry in anger when we cannot feel You near
We doubt your goodness, we doubt Your love
As if every promise from Your word is not enough
And all the while, You hear each desperate plea
And long that we'd have faith to believe
When friends betray us
When darkness seems to win
We know that pain reminds this heart
That this is not,
This is not our home
It's not our home
What if my greatest disappointments or the aching of this life
Is the revealing of a greater thirst this world can't satisfy
What if trials of this life
The rain, the storms, the hardest nights
Are Your mercies in disguise
'Cause what if Your blessings come through rain drops?
What if Your healing comes through tears?
What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You're near?
What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise?"
Blessings, Laura Story
Here are a few photos of Ivory's nursery... so thankful for my husband's woodworking talents, a great Wal-Mart find (the glider/rocking chair), and many adorable and generous gifts to make this little room a cozy place!
A full look at the room - we don't exactly use the fireplace as a part of nursery... the room was intended to be a living space. :)
Crib on the left and changing table on the right, handmade by Daddy. The changing table baskets actually came down in checked luggage with us after Christmas... a feat that worked pretty well (to the surprise of many) but that I probably won't try too many more times now that we have the little girl to travel with.
The crib (with the Bumbo seat hidden underneath for later use - thanks Waibel aunts, uncles, and cousins!) and Ivory's feeding station for when we do formula feedings. In the crates below are books and toys and bath items.
A closer look at the changing table.
To the right of the changing table, a little "closet"/storage area for diapers, hanging clothes, blankets, etc, etc.
A little sitting area for Mommy (and Daddy and Grandma)
A beautiful quilt, handmade by Mom/Grandma W. - I can't wait to use it on a toddler bed for her later!
Here you can see her playmat from Grandma/Great-Grandma W. - I also put a foam mat underneath which is a wonderful way to make the cold, concrete floors more play-able.
Closer look at the crib, and bedding from Target, which I love. Thanks to the Zehr aunts, uncles, and cousins!
A little stuffed chicken made by Grandma/Mom W. and Addie, tucked inside a corner of Ivory's crib. :)
So there's your little tour. We are very blessed to have a little space for a room just for Ivory, and it works wonderfully because there is not only a door leading from the hallway into her room but also a door between her room and ours. Fireplace aside, its a perfect set-up!
Please continue to pray that we could get Ivory's digestive system figured out. Pray that we could have wisdom, patience, and discernment, and that my eyes would be open to the lessons God is teaching me through it all. I just read back through the first part of the blog post and realized that it sounds... tired. But we are tired, in so many ways. But we are also being blessed in many ways, too. It reminds me of a baby card that Ivory got from the Plattner's - still my favorite. The front says "The Patron Verse of Parenthood: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed. (I Corinthians 15:51)". Amen.
I'll leave you with a picture of the little girl herself. I'm starting her early on the rolled-down waistband, sweatpants-tucked-into-Uggs look borrowed from the college campus. :) Just kidding. Really her pants are just way too big.
Thanks for the boots, Grandma/Great-Grandma Z.! They are darling!
Love it! Can't wait to see it for myself! Also your comment about the sweat pants and uggs made me laugh out loud :)
ReplyDeletePraying for you!