My week in Mexico has been great and I am very sad that it is almost over.
Saturday- we had flown through the night so we got into Guadalajara at about 9:00 am. Grant and Hannah came and picked us up and we headed home!! When we got home I kept thinking that it was lunch but really besides what they had given us on the plane at about 2:00 am which I wasn't very fond of, we hadn't eaten anything for breakfast. So we went home and had breakfast!!!!! After breakfast we just kind of did whatever needed to be done around the house like hanging out laundry and stuff like that!!!!!!!!
hanging out laundry
getting tacos!!!!!!!!!!
Sunday- I slept very good Saturday night and the roosters didn't bother me one bit!!!!!!!!!!!! Church starts at 11:00 am so after we ate breakfast, we got dressed and went to church!!!!!!!!! I went to Sunday School and I will say that it was a little bit challenging with the language but I think that if I hadn't gone, I would have wished I had so I am glad I went!!!!!!!!! After church, we came home and took naps!!!!! There was a singing at church Sunday night so we went to that after we woke up!!!!
Monday- On Monday, we went to the market up town to get vegetables and stuff like that. I also got to see what a Mexican doctors office looks like!!!!!!!!! It is quite a bit different than in the states!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We also walked down to the plaza which is pretty much the center of town!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tuesday- I woke up Tuesday morning with LOTS of mosquito bites!!!!! We went and saw a geyser that had a little pool and wading area around it. It was very warm that day so wading felt GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The sad part was, was that the geyser didn't even erupt while we were there, but we got sunburned instead.
me and Hannah at the geyser
After that, we came home and on Tuesday nights they have a Bible study at the guest house so people came over for that. After the Bible study, we went over to Matt and Ruth Gerber's house for tacos!!!!!!!!! THE TACOS WERE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!
Wednesday- we went to the market in Zamora!!!!!!! It was fun and it is super big!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't think that you can walk anywhere without seeing a market stand!!!!!! We also saw a Domino's pizza motorcycle!
me and Hannah at the market in Zamora
me, Grant, mom and dad all got sombreros
We also went to a National park called Parque Nacional Lago de Camecuaro!!!!!!!!! We ate lunch there, took out a boat with Ivory, and then waded a little bit but the water was pretty cold!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was kind of weird though because people kept taking pictures of me without permission but we think it was because of my blonde hair! (it wasn't just there though. it was other places too)
eating lunch
wading in the freezing water
on the boat! Ivory is down there in her carseat!
inside the restaurant
Thursday- we stayed home and did laundry, homework, held and fed Ivory, sterilized bottles (like every other day)!
holding Ivory Kaye!!!!!!!!!!!!
feeding Ivory
sterilizing bottles
and went to church. Instead of Wednesday night church they have Thursday night church! After church, we toured the school! We also played Settlers of Catan!
Friday- we went to Zamora for Ivory's doctor appointment!!!!!! Their pediatrician has lots of frogs. (fake ones!) It was really funny because on the way to Zamora, Hannah didn't exactly know where we were going so down here, instead of having signs that say road closed, they just put rocks on them! There were rocks on this road and instead of turning around, she somehow managed to squeeze through them! She said after she did it that if she couldn't have gotten through, she would have gotten out and moved them! The only problem would have been that she probably wouldn't have been able to move them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She said that if she couldn't move them, she would ask some of the people staring at her to help her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Saturday- tomorrow we are going to go to a lake and then take me and dad to the airport.
That's my week in Mexico!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Addie--you wrote a great blog and have been
ReplyDeletehaving a wonderful week. Love - Auntie
Addie! I love this post and love you! Glad you are having a great week. Way to not hold back with the exclamation points!!!!!!! ;)
ReplyDelete