So, now that the announcement is out... a little update on how things are really going around here! :)
The short answer is that we are very thankful and that things are going much better than they were a few weeks ago. I think a blog post from the father-to-be is forthcoming on how wonderful I was to live with for the first trimester. Baby is alive and growing quickly, though, and we are so excited.
I have to admit its a little rough to have your first teaching job in a foreign country coincide with the first trimester of your pregnancy. I was pretty sick for most of it, especially in the mornings and evenings. Thankfully, my school day doesn't start until 9:40, so that gave my stomach a little bit to settle before I had to stand in front of my students for four hours a day. My diet was also a little bit... off... for a while. Not much sounded good. But I think Grant will expound on that later. We're in the second trimester now and I have been feeling infinitely better... I kind of forgot what it was like to feel good. I have enough energy to teach and come home and do other things, which I thought would never happen.
We have a great doctor here (just a few blocks from our house!) and an ultrasound only costs about $20, so it is so nice to have the option of just going in and checking everything out if I ever have any concerns. So far, everything is looking normal (and I guess you could say I'm feeling normal) and we're looking forward to welcoming our new little one in the spring!
We would really appreciate your prayers on behalf of our little one as we continue to trust his/her life into the Lord's hands, knowing He is the only one who can bring him/her safely into this world.
"o give thanks unto the Lord; call upon his name: make known his deeds among the people. sing unto him […] talk ye of all his wondrous works. glory ye in his holy name. […] seek the Lord, and his strength. […] remember his marvellous works that he hath done [...] he opened the rock, and the waters gushed out; they ran in the dry places like a river. for he remembered his holy promise, and Abraham his servant. and he brought forth his people with joy, and his chosen with gladness." Psalm 105
I am so glad to hear this news! We would have a lot to talk about, I'm sure... I'm so glad you are feeling better because 'morning' sickness is the worst! I really feel for you because I didn't have a job or anything major going on and was still hardly surviving. Yuck! I'm very thankful for you that the fog is lifting, and I'll be praying that things continue to get better! I'm so thankful that the baby is doing well, too. Congratulations!
ReplyDeletelarissa, I think we would have a lot to talk about! I forget if I commented on facebook, but congratulations to you guys too. that will be fun to have kids so close together! I am feeling much better now, thankfully... I almost forgot what it was like to feel good! thanks so much for your prayers... we are definitely learning a lot about trusting this little one to the Lord and remembering that only through Him can he/she come safely into this world!
Delete