Wednesday, September 5, 2012

team, toilets, tools, treats, TSA, and teaching

This morning, as we were preparing for the medical team to arrive, Grant commented, "Just so you know, there's a law of physics around here, which is... if the house fills up, something happens." He really could be a prophet. This evening after everyone got here and we had eaten supper, I walked out into the entryway... and it was like a lake. We traced it back to a cracked toilet. And so now that the house is full, we're out one! :) But thankfully its something we can get in Zamora soon and hopefully have it all functioning again before too long.

In other news, along with the team arrived a bag for us! It was seriously like Christmas in September. I knew most of what was coming but not everything, and there were birthday gifts for Grant. It was really, really exciting. Everything from Goop to games, contact solution to cards, chai tea to chisels, books to (circular saw) blades, and so many other things. We are spoiled! Some of it is stuff we really needed (my contact solution ran out two days ago) and others were just fun things to open. I have more stuff to use in my classroom and a few more craft supplies. Grant is fully equipped with some tool needs. Like I said, it was really fun. Thanks Mom, Leah, and Janelle! And Cheryl M. is here with the team and she brought me peanut butter and chocolate chips! :)

Unfortunately, someone had already opened a few of Grant's gifts for him. :) Thanks, TSA! But everything got here safely, so we're thankful.

Like I said... it was an exciting evening. This isn't a great picture, but look at all that wonderful stuff!

In other news, today was the first day in my classroom that I can say it truly went wonderfully and I enjoyed it tremendously. I'm learning how to work with my kids (of course, I have to re-learn every day), and I feel like we're finally starting to make a little bit of progress. We're into more of a routine and they know more what to expect. I've also been trying some different things with some of my problem kids and every now and then I land on something that seems to make a difference. I can feel your prayers, and I am constantly relying on the grace of the Lord to get me through each day. 

To finish up, here is a picture of my 4th graders yesterday. We learned the words "sunglasses", "gloves", "shorts", "school uniform", "sunhat", and "pajamas" (random, I know, but those were the words the book was introducing). So of course, we had to dress up. They loved it. The individual pictures are the best, but they would take forever to upload, so I'll just leave you with the group photo. :) I know it's lame, but I am just wearing one glove. But my defense is that no one wanted to share anything with me... they all wanted to wear it themselves! 

No comments:

Post a Comment