Wednesday, September 26, 2012

mail & morelia

To start off, here are a few pictures of Grant's birthday (it was on the 12th). The team left the day of his birthday; to say we were exhausted would be an understatement. But we did celebrate a little bit together, with banana cake and my gift to him, which was a wireless mouse (now he doesn't have to use mine!)




On Monday, Marshall and Jan arrived back home after a 10-day trip to Barra Vieja to support the church there. Marshall always gets the mail at the post office, so while he was gone no one did it, and when they came back, Grant had all kinds of mail! That was very exciting. Thanks for all his birthday wishes! Kim, we are thoroughly enjoying the caramel apple suckers - they taste like fall! 

This past weekend, we went to Morelia, which is technically about 2 1/2 hours away, to be with the believers there for Sunday church. I say technically, because I was driving on Sunday morning and it didn't take... quite that long. But never mind. Anyway, it was really nice to be there... it is basically just one family, and so they miss out on a lot of fellowship. A few women from the church here in Ixtlan came with us, so it was overall a very nice day. The drive to Morelia is beautiful and mountainous and the weather was beautiful. 

So now it is somehow already Wednesday of this week; for some reason the days are just flying by! School has been going much better and I really do look forward to each day now. This week I'm finally starting to get the hang of it! We do in-home Bible studies on Wednesday evenings, so Grant went along to do that. I am staying here to catch up on the blog, do laundry, and hopefully finally finish some photo books I've been working on of the past few years. I haven't really done any scrapbooking/photobooking since high school, so needless to say there's quite a few pictures to sort through. Life is going well; we are thankful and content and really feel like time is just flying. It's almost October! Thanks to all of you for your mail, e-mail, calls, comments, and prayers... we can feel them! 

Have a wonderful week!

2 comments: