Student teaching is over. I walked out of Princeville High School for the last time this afternoon... so bittersweet! I will truly miss my cooperating teacher and my students. Teaching to/with them was such a wonderful experience and I have felt God's hand on the entire journey. One of my students wrote on the back board this week "(Name) is Mrs. Herrmann's favorite student". He probably could have replaced his name with the name of nearly any of my students. I can't say there weren't challenges... there were. But I felt that throughout the course of the semester, I was able to learn to appreciate each student for what they had to offer, and to love each one of them. My cooperating teacher was also wonderful... I am so thankful to call her a friend. She was willing to open her classroom and her heart to me this semester, and for both, I am grateful.
I'm looking forward to walking on Friday night and having some closure to a long (but wonderful) four-year journey. I have been very blessed with the opportunity to finish my degree in spite of all the life changes I have experienced in the last several years and I think it will make it so much easier not to take that diploma for granted knowing that God has led me all the way! He is so good!
Looking ahead... I'm very excited for the opportunity to use that degree in unexpected ways. I don't know if I'll ever teach in a traditional Spanish classroom, but I know I'll be teaching English and maybe Spanish in other ways and I'm just looking forward so much to seeing what ways those will be. Only He knows... and that's all that matters!
"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." (Proverbs 3:5-6)
No comments:
Post a Comment