Tuesday, March 13, 2012

fog & sunshine

As I was pulling out of the driveway this morning, half of the sun was rising out of a layer of fog. It was just a dull orange ball, its color hidden by the gray of the morning.

By the time I reached school, 10 minutes later, the sun had risen several "inches" above the horizon and turned a bright yellow, flooding the countryside with light and whisking away the fog. I sat back, in awe of how quickly the world became so much more alive.

Isn't it the same way with Jesus in our lives? He floods our days with light! He is the light! How beautiful to know that we follow the One who is all of that beautiful brightness Himself.

It was also encouraging to me because lately it kind of seems like our future is foggy. God has clearly directed our lives, and yet so many unknowns remain. With the sun coming up this morning, though, I was reminded that God can take away those unknowns as quickly as the fog disappears. He holds it all in His hands!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for blogging your experiences, Hannah. Laura told me your plans, and I am really encouraged by your faith. If God keeps open doors open, I'm planning to spend seven months in Haiti this year, and I've worked through a lot of your challenges and emotions. God be with you and I'll pray for you and Grant in Mexico!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather,
    so you're the friend who's going to Haiti! :) Laura had told me she got our email about going to Mexico and an email from a friend who is going to Haiti at the exact same time. I am sure that you are experiencing many of the same things we are... thanks so much for sharing! We will be praying for you. I'm sure you have felt this too... that no matter how many challenges or struggles there may end up being along the way, it is beautiful to be able to feel the Lord's direction and to be sure of His plan. May He bless your journey! Do you have a blog?
    love,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hannah,
    Thanks for your reply :) I do have a blog: www.sunshinemountain.wordpress.com. It will be neat to follow your experiences in Mexico... from Haiti!! It's amazing how God's peace makes life's challenges worth it! I will pray for you. God bless!
    Love,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete