Friday, May 8, 2015

tia leah's best little blog post ever!

"Ree boos Tia?" It's the question of the day... I mean hour minute. I really have never known a two year old that likes to read books as much as Ivory. But, the teacher in me, the I've-taken-way-too-many-literacy-classes-in-the-past-two-years pre-elementary teacher in me, says that it's a very good thing to love to read and I am not going to squash that. And so, every day that I've been here, we've read book after book. There are particular books though that we read every day, multiple times a day, such as Richard Scarry's Best Little Word Book Ever! As I read this book for probably the hundredth time today, it dawned on me that it described this past week in Ixtlan fairly well... if you changed just a couple words. And so, please enjoy my edition of the book, Tia Leah's Best Little Blog Post Ever!

Tia Leah says hello. She wants you to meet her niece Ivory and her nephew Titus. Here are the faces they make. Titus joins in only sometimes.

 

     

The Herrmann family lives in a nice house. They are always busy doing things around the house. Titus is in bed because he is still tired. Sleep tight, Titus.

In the kitchen, Daddy (or Tia) washes the dishes. Mommy fixes good things to eat. Mmm. Fresh blueberries.

The Herrmann family gets into the van and drives to Zamora to go shopping. What a busy street! Daddy is driving the family to the market. You're a good driver, Daddy.

At the market, Mommy and Tia shop for food. Titus "helps" them. Did Mommy forget anything? (Yes, a pound of ground beef).

The market is filled with people. They have to be careful not to bump into each other.

Hello, Daddy! Daddy makes all kinds of furniture in his wood shop.

The airport is a busy place. There are all kinds of airplanes. Some are taking off, and some are landing on the ground. Would you like to fly in an airplane? 

Here are the letters of the alphabet.
A: Airplane views



B: Betesda is home this week
C: Cleaning up never ends
D: Driving is a good time to nap try to keep my eyes open

E: Entertaining is always easier at the park!

F: "Fishies" are a favorite snack!

G: Grant and...
H: Hannah never cease to amaze me in their abilities, creativity, gifts, and relationships.

I: Ivory is really a...

J: Jokester because she mischievously convinced me that a cookie was actually a cracker.
K: Kiddie pools are fun to swim in and take baths in!
L: Learning something new every day
M: Managing to speak a little bit of Spanish
N: Numbers are everywhere (counting down the days and learning to count)
O: On foot, the most common form of transportation
P: Packing (obviously)
Q: Quesadillas are one of the foods here that I love the most!
R: Reading ceaselessly



S: Singing songs is fun too
T: Titus

U: Umbrellas create some shade in this heat
V: Voting day is coming soon! (Posters are everywhere)
W: Washing dishes makes you thankful for a dishwasher
X: eXpression comes naturally to Ivory

Y: Yearly trips here these past 3 years have made this place seem almost like home
Z: Zamora trips are more fun when they involve ice cream!

Can you name all the blessings God has given you?
Now, Tia, Ivory, and Titus say good-bye to you.

2 comments:

  1. Richard Scarry is timeless - loved the literacy - and the post!
    Love mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leah--I so enjoyed reading your blog. If I was closer, I would take my turn to read to Ivory--oh, I also enjoyed the "expression" pictures and the other ones too. I pray for a safe flight home on Monday and I look forward to seeing everyone on May 17. Give Ivory and Titus a kiss and hug from Auntie and give Grant and Hannah my love - Love you all - Auntie

    ReplyDelete