Tuesday, November 11, 2014

elise's blog post

This is Elise, Grants sister writing:

My week in Ixtlan has been AWESOME! I was pretty lucky to be able to come out of all my siblings! Greg, Mom and I arrived on Wednesday at 12:00 a.m at night. Thursday I babysat, helped make pumpkin cookies for the school Field Day, and went to church in the evening and we came back and had a birthday supper for Hannah but Grant and Ivory got some gifts too. On Friday morning I went with Grant and Ivory down to Field Day and spent a little time there then later Grant and I went back to pick up Greg and Roberto. Friday evening we had a wiener roast!We roasted hot dogs and marshmallows. Saturday we made pizza sauce and had Jovenes in the evening. Sunday I went to Sunday School and all that I picked up from the lesson was that we learned about Noah’s Flood. In afternoon church I went with the kids and did an activity. It's really hard to make friends when you can't understand each other but I got to know a girl. After lunch we all left the dishes and took a nap before the kids woke up. At 5:00 p.m. Hannah, Mom, and Greg went to the singing while Grant and I stayed home with the kids and then went at the end. I enjoyed playing Hide and Go Seek with Caleb and Lalo and Silvia’s kids after the singing. Monday we ate breakfast at Marshall and Jan’s house and then went to the market. In the evening Grant and Hannah had a get away while Mom, Greg, Ivory, Titus and I went to Matt and Ruth Gerber's house for supper. Tuesday we didn't do to much but in the evening I played with some girls from school. Wednesday we leave! I had a fun week and don’t want to go back home to 35 degree weather.





1 comment:

  1. Elise, Grants sister,
    Nice to see your post. From your command of language, I can tell you were homeschooled. I like how you refer to your niece and nephew as, "The kids". You must have become an adult since I've seen you last. Congratulations on this achievement. I also must commend your Spanish language fluency at such a young age. Impressive that you picked up the lesson title and could make friends across a language barrier. Keep up the good work, and I'll hope to see you around Christmas if not before.
    -Phil, Grants second cousin

    ReplyDelete