Sunday, December 9, 2012

thoughts for t-minus four days

It's been awhile since I (Grant) have posted on the blog, so I decided to do that tonight, but now I realize that the blank document phobia that I had all through high school and college still exists and that I still really have a hard time writing. So, I apologize if my thoughts seem random and not well structured.

Life has been going well for us. The Carpentería business has been supplying me with the perfect amount of work. It seems like about the time that one project gets finished up, another customer comes along, so I'm thankful for that. In fact, I'm having a hard time finding the time to make a crib, but I guess I still have four more months. That's probably one project that better get done on time though :)

It looks like I'll have plenty to do when we get back from the States. One of the bigger tasks to tackle is getting us to a FM3 status, which basically will change us from tourists to residents of Mexico. Tourists can only stay in the country for six months, which has worked for us so far because we're coming home just a little over five months from when we got here.  It's not a simple task to get an FM3 though, so it could be interesting and I'm sure I'll learn a lot about the Mexican government and things. The first step is a 6-hour bus trip to Mexico City to meet with an immigration lawyer.

Also, we'd also like to put out a prayer request. A couple months ago, a man named Jose, who works for Marshall, was injured in a hunting accident. He dropped his shotgun which fired and filled his back with bird shot. His brothers got him to the hospital in time, but they all thought he was going to die. It turns out some of the bird shot was just millimeters away from his heart. In other words, it was a complete miracle that he was not killed and another miracle that he is already back working. Jose is not yet a Christian, but has a good understanding of the word and knows what needs to happen next in his life. Thankfully, he has been coming to church more regularly since the accident. Please pray for him and his wife that as life becomes normal for them again, that they would not forget the miracle that happened and that God gave him another chance to surrender to Him. Please pray that his heart would become soft.

Well, that's about all I have to say right now. We are super excited to be coming home this Thursday, and look forward to seeing you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment