Roberto came home from school the other day with a homework assignment written down (which, by the way, is one of his biggest accomplishments in the past few weeks), and the assignment was to "write a song". Being a teacher, I felt the assignment left a bit to be desired in terms of structure and expectations, but nevertheless, it had to be done. So, deciding that this was more of a job for Grant, I went outside with Ivory to bring in the laundry and he got out his guitar and they got to work. As with most writing, the most difficult part was deciding what to write about, but once we suggested that the topic be his dislike for homework, he was incredibly enthusiastic. Here's part of what they came up with; my camera wasn't fully charged and it cut off about halfway through, and then starts back up again towards the end of the song.
Thursday during the day, I didn't feel very good, but I didn't think much of it until I ended up with a bad stomach-something through the entire night. I'm still kind of recovering, and don't care to be that sick again anytime soon. I felt better when I woke up yesterday morning, just still really weak.
After that, Grant was feeling a little left out of the games and fun, so Adrienne came over and we played fast Scrabble and Settlers, and made and ate pizza bread. It was a pretty great Friday night. We are so enjoying having Adrienne here. Her personality and energy is so needed in the church, and she is a positive influence in the school, where she does one-on-one English practice with kids who are behind. And on top of that, she is also a tremendous blessing to us personally, and we feel kind of spoiled that she's willing to come over here in the evenings and hang out with us! She's very easy to have around, and helps a lot with Ivory, too, who thinks she's pretty great!
I would need a translation on the song, but sounds cute!! You have one of the best babysitters from the state of IN right there (her sisters were on that list in their babysitting days as well)!!! I'm quite sure she will be a blessing to everyone there! Huge ugh on the stomach bug....that can wipe you out really quick anytime, but especially when pregnant. Hugs to all! love, Sarah
ReplyDelete