My birthday was back on the fifth - it was a lovely, mostly uneventful day. Grant went on a mini-expedition to buy me flowers, which was very sweet of him, especially since he had to ask someone how to do it. Mostly, being 23 is not that different than being 22, although it sounds a lot older.
The week that Dad and Mom were here was wonderful. I'll just post a few more pictures here to tell more of the story from the week, although there is not much more to tell. It was a busy week where my classroom/students definitely took the back burner, but the recovery hasn't been too bad (like I think they still learned something) so I'm thankful for that.
Our visitors arrived on Wednesday. On Friday, we went to Morelia, like Mom said, so that they could meet Rogelio and Fernanda. We spent some time exploring the city before going to Rogelio and Fernanda's in the evening, so here are a few pictures:
Looking at a map - we did this a lot.
Standing next to the "gum trees" where everybody sticks their gum.
Mercado de Dulces - a market where they sell candy, souvenirs, and the like - it was a neat place!
Just waiting...
At VIPS - Dad and Mom already posted their picture
Grant and I (yes, I ordered American food)
Can you spot the gringos?
Us. :)
Our navigation team.
On Saturday we went to Zamora so that Dad and Mom and Greg could get an idea of where we do our errands and such. I made good use of the extra hands by acquiring a few more crates at the market - I just have unlimited uses for them!
They're such good helpers!
Saturday night Jovenes - we had a really good turn-out
Father-Son soccer game - it was exciting that several fathers and sons came and even a couple boys off the street!
Wednesday morning before saying good-bye - so thankful they could be here!
No comments:
Post a Comment